Pulse diagnosis can be a difficult art to learn. As is familiar in Ann’s teaching style, the course begins with basic parameters to establish the ground work, then expands to complex and advanced concepts. This very rich and detailed class provides a full theoretical framework for development of well-grounded depth and precision in diagnosis and treatment.
Ann is particularly excited to be including in this video course the rare method of directional (also known as dynamic) pulse reading, referred to in the classical texts and written about in detail in her book The Art of Pulse Diagnosis. Modern practitioners of acupuncture and herbal medicine generally make pulse and tongue diagnoses from “static pulses”—taking the pulse without moving the fingers. However, when pulse taking was at the peak of its development and sophistication in the Han dynasty, fine and complex finger movements were made to discern the nature of the communication (including the blockages) between organs.
Through this course, you will:
• understand the parameters of depth, width, length, tempo, and texture of all pulses and their implications in all positions
• gain the ability to diagnose issues with organ function by probing the pulse
• learn a thorough step-by-step method of taking pulses
• learn how to identify blockages in the diaphragm and in the belt channel in the pulses
• learn to make clear diagnoses without relying on signs and symptoms
• learn to diagnose pulses for all the channels of acupuncture, including the Sinews, Divergents, and the Eight Extra Channels
A note from Ann about this course:
If you’ve found your way to this page, I imagine that you’re at least a little interested in pulse diagnosis, the jewel in the crown of Chinese Medicine. In the field, it’s often taught as nearly unattainable; some even teach it as requiring “natural talent” rather than learning. But in this course, we aim to completely dispel these notions. No matter how little you feel you know, we think you’ll get the feeling that pulse taking is approachable, achievable, fascinating and profound. Cody has produced this entire course with Mark solidly by his side. The result is a clear transmission for which I’m so grateful. If you take this course, you will have access that does not expire on the site. So you can take it as many times as you like, refer to it from time to time, and use it as a resource whenever you have a question. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.
Sending love to all,